* Easy to list events and timespan through the simple layout
* Users may coordinate with friends and join other users’ events
* Helpful device alerts serve as reminders of plans
* Location option allows users to elaborate on their plans
* Users gain points for completed events and partake in friendly competition on the leaderboard
* Add photos prior to or during events
* Share events on Facebook and TwitterThe new when.me network serves as a fantastically interactive event calendar, allowing users to have fun while planning events and forecasting future locations. Users keep friends up to date with their lives or invite them to join. when.me makes it easy to find friends; users simply enter either a friend’s email or username to search the network. The app is conveniently compatible with other social networks such as Facebook and Twitter, as well, making users able to involve more friends in their when.me plans.
The when.me app creates a running countdown for each event users enter, allowing them to check back and see just how long it is until that next exciting plan, whether it’s happening later today, next week, or in fifteen years. The when.me app also sends optional reminders to the user’s device when an event is occurring that help keep the user on schedule and organized.
Though the network focuses on the ‘when’ of its user events, the app’s advanced location awareness features allow users to find specific locations and add them to their plans. Users also personalize their descriptions of plans and choose whether to publish them to thewhen.me network or keep them as only personal reminders. Before events occur, or while the user is completing them, he or she may add photos to the plans to add to the experience.
Users may view the when.me timeline at any time, which shows all events that have been published by fellow members of the when.menetwork. These events are open for users to join. Whenever users share their events, they gain points, and may participate in the friendly competition shown on the leaderboard of when.me members. Users also gain points when they mark events as happening or complete.
The privacy settings in the when.me app also allow users to keep their events completely private, disabling all sharing if they prefer. This way, when.me becomes a truly interactive personal or public calendar, conforming to the preferences of each individual user. It merges and organizes users’ personal and public plans.
“The focus on when.me is less about WHERE you are going and more about WHEN you are going to be there,” says lead developer Eric English. “It’s about long term goal planning as well as sharing just what local bar you are going to tonight.”
* iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod touch (3rd/4th generation), and iPad 1/2/3
* Requires iOS 5.1 or later
Pricing and Availability:
when.me 1.0 is free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Social Networking category.
Download from iTunes:
Based in Florida, Mediaspree was founded by Eric English in 2003. Mediaspree is an app development shop focused on creating unrestrained app innovations. Other apps by mediaspree include ‘Movie Clock’, ‘iBlemish’ and ‘Tiny Cupid.’ Copyright (C) 2003-2012 Mediaspree LLC. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, and iPod are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries. Other trademarks and registered trademarks may be the property of their respective owners.
1,446 total views, 8 views today