Now Change,Remove, or Restore the Windows 7 Shortcut Arrow
You have Seen a Little Shortcut Overlay icon in any Shortcut Icon of Window 7.I will Tell you Few Methods which will allow you to change, remove, or restore the default shortcut arrow on all new or old shortcuts in Windows 7.If you remove the shortcut arrow using this method, you will still be able to Pin to Start Menu and Pin to Taskbar the shortcut.
Warning:Removing the shortcut arrow will make it harder to tell which files are shortcuts or not. You can tell by right clicking on the file and clicking on Properties to see if you have a Shortcut tab or not.
Using “Vista Shortcut Overlay Remover” Program
1. If you have not already, click on the Download button below to download the Vista Shortcut Overlay Remover (Vista Shortcut Overlay Manager) program below for the 32-bit or 64-bit Windows you have installed. Save the .msi file to your desktop, and install it.
2. Double click on the program’s shortcut to run the program.and follow on Screen Instruction It is Really Easy to navigate and Use.
How to do it Manually in Registry Editor
1. Open the Start Menu, and type regedit in the search line and pres Enter.
2. In regedit, navigate to the location below:
NOTE: If Shell Icons it is not in the left pane under Explorer, then right-click on Explorer and click on New and Key. Type Shell Icons for the new keys’ name and press Enter.Code:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerShell Icons
3. In the right pane of Shell Icons, right-click on an empty area and click on New and String Value, and name it 29.4. Right click on 29 and click on Modify.5. Type in C:\Windows\System32\shell32.dll,29 and click on OK.
NOTE: The 29 is the XP standard shortcut arrow number. Substitute a different ‘number’ in the data value field for other overlays or set the path to an icon file somewhere else on the hard drive.6. Restart the computer to apply the small XP arrow, or the one you have selected, will show on all your shortcut icons.
Also Watch this Video for One More Alternate Method to Change,Remove, or Restore the Windows 7 Shortcut Arrow Overlay Icon.: